Recipe for easy Mexican quesadillas
Quesadillas are among the most versatile dishes of Mexican cuisine, along with tacos.
Quesadillas can be prepared with corn or wheat tortillas, but to my taste, they are much better with the first In fact, also for my taste, wheat tortillas are more for burritos or for synchronized.
Speaking of something else, in Mexico the quesadillas provoke an endless discussion. In principle, the word quesadilla sounds like something that carries cheese, but not necessarily for the inhabitants of Mexico City. In the country's capital, quesadillas can be filled with almost anything. So in that case, the art of preparing fillings (such as chorizo with potatoes, chicken tinga, mushrooms or huitlacoche, chicharrón, pumpkin flower or picadillo) becomes the protagonist. But in the rest of Mexico, and in the world, quesadillas are stuffed with cheese. So our recipe will be cheese quesadillas (yes, I know that sounds redundant).
How to prepare easy quesadillas
This recipe will be easy and short because we are going to start preparing the tortillas. Once the tortillas are prepared (better if they are fresh and still hot), let's start with the list of ingredients for our recipe for quesadillas.
With respect to cheese in Mexico, the most commonly used is Oaxaca cheese or quesillo: white, soft, and easy to separate into strands.Its preparation is very easy as you will see below.
- Tortillas: two per person.
- Cheese to melt *: 1/5 kilo grated or chopped.
- Vegetable oil.
- Lightly grease a napkin with a few drops of oil, and rub it against the surface of a pan, to achieve an almost imperceptible coverage.
- Heat briefly (over medium-low heat) a couple of tortillas over the pan (or more, if there is space). The purpose is not to break them when folding them.
- Arrange a good amount of cheese to the center of each tortilla, stretching slightly up and down.
- Fold each tortilla in half, according to the "line" created with the cheese.
- Leave the quesadilla a little more time on the pan, but only what is necessary for the cheese to melt.Another option, more ornamental, is to accompany them with pico de gallo, a sauce or "dressing" prepared with small squares of tomato, onion and cilantro finely chopped (in fact, this is a minireceta as a gift, inside another recipe). p>
- In addition to roasts, quesadillas can also be fried, but from my point of view that takes away the flavor of the tortilla and It makes them much more caloric. Data for lovers of the fried: literally, you have to dip them in hot oil, already folded and with the filling inside.
- Today's recipe shows the quesadillas in its most basic and elementary version. The preparation can be "enchular" adding fried onions and cilantro, slices or pieces of ham, chopped vegetables, refried beans, cooked mushrooms, oregano and other occurrences.