Recipe of red Mexican rice, step by step
Any dish of Mexican cuisine is not local and homemade enough, if it is not accompanied by red rice, rice with tomato or as it is known outside its country of origin: Mexican rice.
Today we will learn how to prepare this common dish of Mexican home cooking, without sticking, without burning, clumping or any other surprise of that kind.
How to make Mexican red rice
How to make Mexican red rice h2>
If Mexican food is characterized by being so colorful, this dish definitely contributes to that image. And although of course, we all love white rice as a side dish for our dishes, from my point of view, Mexican rice has much more flavor and seasoning.
Red rice, Mexican recipe
Tips for perfect Mexican rice
- If at the time of preparing this recipe, you do not have fresh garlic in your kitchen, you can replace the teeth with a teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Better than using chicken broth industrial is to use a good homemade chicken broth, for the red rice recipe. You can also use vegetable broth, if you're vegetarian.
- I like to incorporate vegetables to this rice, at least sometimes (some people call it "rice to the gardener" when it is prepared in this way ). I use carrots and peas. In the case of the first, I choose a medium carrot to peel at the beginning of the recipe and cut it into cubes, which I then fry with the rice. In the case of peas, I calculate half a cup of grains already cooked and drained, and mix them with the rice at the end of the recipe. Some people prefer to add the peas to the cooking, after frying the rice.
- You can also add corn grains or yellow corn to the rice.
- I prefer to use corn oil, Sunflower or canola for this recipe. No olive oil. For a stronger flavor, there are those who replace the oil with lard.
- If you want to wash the rice before cooking it, it is enough to put it in a colander and pass it under the water of the jet. No need to leave it soaking. In fact, that could change its consistency.
- If you want a spicy red rice, you can add a serrano or poblano pepper (or both), diced and seeded, after frying the rice.
- If you are a lover of celery, prepare a homemade tomato puree, mashing several tomatoes and a branch of celery with them.
- The taste of parsley and cilantro goes very well with the Red rice. These herbs can be incorporated into the recipe, adding some pieces or branches with the broth.
With this red rice you can accompany almost any Mexican dish. In fact, you can use the two side dishes or accompaniments: rice and beans.